Monday, January 31, 2011

How To: Scrapbooking Cards

#1- Select the scrap booking paper of your choice. I usually hand pick them from a craft store to match the individual's style and preference this makes the process fun. You can also pick stickers and ribbon to fit their style as well. Packages of multiple sheets work as well and you can purchase them for as little as 1$ from some stores.
#2- Purchase/Locate stickers and ribbon if possible. The ribbon is used in the seam and tied in a bow on the side for most cards. I have a lot of leftover stickers from scrap booking so I usually use those, but if you are just beginning to make these cards you need at least 1 sheet of letters and 1 sheet of decorative stickers.
#3- First, fold the paper length wise and then in half and glue the outer layer(this is the paper design you want for the front cover), after that, cut the scrapbook paper to add embellishments.

# 4- Add the stickers and embellishments. I usually type a personal message for the right inner side of the card and the left is free to design.

I wanted to post how to make your own scrapbook card, if you have ever done this let me know or let me know if you have any tips for this process. I hope this is helpful, it takes more time than store bought cards, but overall it is more cost efficient and it comes from the heart:)

P.S.- I added a label for How To posts so this will be available after it leaves the main page.

No comments: