I was hesitant to try this Cornish Game Hen at first, and I was really shocked to find that I prefer hen now to chicken. I wanted to share a recipe with you all that I made up for this hen when I decided to make it myself. Luckily, it did not turn out like my baked chicken which I did not post, because let's just say, that I did not even think to clean it out nor did I defrost it before cooking:( The hen turned out much better thanks to some help from my mother in law and my mom:)
Anyways, here is the recipe and this is great to make for a small group or for family. 1 hen feeds 1-2 people so if you have a large gathering it might get a little pricey.
Butter Baked Hen
Ingredients:
Hen(s)
Butter
Rosemary
Lemon
Thyme
1 onion
Directions:
1. Prepare the hens by cleaning them and then coat each hen in butter and place in a baking dish.
2. Add Rosemary and Thyme approximately 1/4 Tablespoon of each.
3. Juice 1/2 lemon per hen and then coat the hen.
4. Cut the onion in 4 pieces. Place 1 piece in each hen.
5. Bake for 45min-1hr on 350.
6. Enjoy!
P.S. If you have leftovers, hen sandwich's are also really great!

3 comments:
I'm leary to try Hen but maybe I will have to after reading this!
TFS~
You should try my chicken breast/ramen/egg recipe sometime.
Ingredients: chicken breast, eggs, ramen noodles
1. Fill a pot with water. Boil water.
2. Break two frozen chicken breasts into pieces with a hammer.
3. Throw chicken pieces into water.
4. Open pack of ramen. Throw in brick of ramen.
5. Break desired number of eggs into the water.
6. Let it boil for about 15 minutes.
7. Enjoy your mass of watery noodles, egg parts and rubbery chicken.
I had an idea in my head. It didn't come together very well.
Salena- Hope you try the hen its great ")
Josh- That recipe sounds good. I still remember my ramen days as a freshman in college. Can't say I miss them though. lol but I still like ramen noodles now, except I only like the chicken ones and the lime shrimp.
Post a Comment