Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bible Verses: Jeremiah


This week we will return to Jeremiah 31 and continue to study that passage, and next week we will also continue in Jeremiah. I know the Lord will transform our hearts and lives, and I pray that he moves and shakes some things in each of us throughout this study in Jeremiah. I would love to hear any thoughts or comments you have as well. . .

On to the study. . .

* Bible Verses is not a comprehensive study and each reader should seek the Lord alone for revelation and translation.

Jeremiah 31: 34-37

"'And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."'
Thus says the Lord,
who gives the sun for light by day
and the fixed order of the moon and the
stars for light by night,
who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar-
the Lord of hosts is his name:
"'If this fixed order departs
from before me, declares the Lord,
then shall the offspring of Israel cease
from being a nation before me forever."'

Thus says the Lord:
"'If the heavens above can be measured,
and the foundations of the earth below can
be explored,
then I will cast off all the offspring of Israel
for all that they have done,
declares the Lord."'

This passage is so encouraging that the Lord will make Himself known to His people. That he will keep His covenant even when we fail to keep a simple promise. Even more uplifting, humbling, and incomprehensible is that the Lord will forgive us of iniquity and remember our sin no more. There is nothing in me that deserves this Love, nothing that merits His forgiveness, and yet he forgives, and yet He loves and He transforms. The Love of the Lord is beyond comprehension but it floods everything from my sin, my failures, my imperfection, my pride, my arrogance, my identity and it replaces it with something new. . . May each of us be moved. . .

No comments: