Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Small Things




One of my favorite things to do in the spring is plant flowers. I can't wait until I move into a house and I am able to have a real garden to grow my own vegetables and plant flowers; for now I will have to settle with my porch garden. I bought some new flowers for Spring this year, and also I am trying to grow lavender and basil. I planted them this week and I am excited that my porch is finally welcoming, because I don't maintain the garden in the winter so there are no flowers then. Anyway, I am excited because Spring is here, and this is a tribute to the small things in life that bring joy. I enjoy the everyday blessings that seem ordinary like a cup of warm coffee, a walk even if its just around the block, watching the sunset, talking into the midnight hours over trivial life or deep philosophy, laughing with friends over a hilarious video on the internet, home cooked meals that take forever but are so worth it, books or poetry that you have to read more than once because its so confusing, movies that make you cry, songs that make you feel alive, and so much more. Anyway in celebration of the small things I tag Ashley, Quyen, Samantha, Salena, and Elijah to make a post about some of your favorite "small things" in life.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

I accept the tag and will post tomorrow. Your porch looks so cute!!

Ashley said...

bah.
i do have a huge blog post, possibly a series in mind...

Toni said...

Your flowers are beautiful.