Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Unexpected Surprises





Jared is the best at giving unexpected surprises. I think it started with our engagement which is a rather funny story. The day we got engaged I was at the movies with a friend and we saw a rather depressing movie. On the way home I was kinda sad and just thinking about life and stuff, when Jared calls to ask why I am running late. When I get home we race into the car and head towards Dallas, (I think we are going to a Mavericks game, because I love the Mavericks) and we pass the stadium and enter a carriage ride place. I get excited and think, "Wow how nice a Christmas carriage ride." The whole time I had no idea what he was planning. The people knew him by name and I thought, "Wow he must be giving them a good tip or something." Anyway we stop at a reflecting pool and the lady asks if we want to go see our faces reflected in the water. I was like ok I guess.. Then Jared starts reading me a poem and I am like, "Babe can we do this at home that carriage ride lady is still looking at us" He says No and so finally I was like, wow something is going on. When he proposed at the end I was in shock, the whole time I had no idea. It was the best surprise ever. Months after our marriage Jared still surprises me with cards, and little gifts. The most recent one was a duck for Easter and a heart soap. I love surprises and I am so glad I am married to someone who loves to surprise me.

4 comments:

Sanguine Heart said...

Surprises are always fun to have!

the mom~ said...

Awwww...man I thought you were gonna say you were pregnant!
I too lover surprises, wtg Jared!

Samantha said...

You have a sweet husband, for sure!!!

Toni said...

That is great. I'm glad you guys are so good together.