Monday, March 2, 2009

Ready for Spring



I am ready for Spring already. It officially doesn't start until late March, but I can't wait. Last week we had some spring weather and Jared decided to grill steaks. The weather here has been so random that we like to enjoy any good day we can by doing something outdoors. There are so many things I love about Spring: the flowers that bloom in my small patio garden; the birds; the outdoor adventures; picnics; and Spring Break. I am so glad March is here and spring break is almost here it will be great to get away for a few days and relax. In celebration of Spring I wanted to post a poem from Walt Whitman.

The First Dandelion by: Walt Whitman
Simple and fresh and fair from winter's close emerging,
As if no artifice of fashion, business, politics, had ever been,
Forth from it's sunny nook of shelter'd grass-innocent, golden,
calm as the dawn,
The spring's first dandelion shows its trustful face.

2 comments:

Elijah Davidson said...

Lovely post. Spring is coming out out here too. I can't wait for the flowers.

Samantha said...

It's too bad that we don't have spring in Cali. It is pretty much already summer here. But I loved it in Colorado, simply beautiful!!!