Last week we went camping at the lake. Quyen joined us and we had a wonderful time cooking, walking on the nature trail, and biking. It was a last minute camping trip since the weather was so beautiful. We made smores on the campfire and told scary stories, most of which were not that scary. We headed home on Thursday and awaiting us was an unexpected challenge. We walked into the apartment and I could hear water spraying in our bathroom so I walked over to see what it was. When I got there the whole bathroom was flooded and water was spilling into the bedroom, kitchen, and living room. I panicked and within a few minutes the water was shut off leaving us in a flooded apartment. The first thing I did was take the cat to my mother in law's house, and the carpet guys and Jared moved stuff around so that they could put a dehumidifier and fans to dry the carpet. We have spent the last few nights in a hotel and Monday we will get to return after they fix the carpet. It has been a challenge against our patience and perseverance and I am so grateful to my friends and family who have been praying for us. It was an unexpected event but I know that God still worked through this trial. Today is the first day I got to see the camping pictures and they are beautiful and tranquil, and they remind me of the blessing of nature that persists in its portrayal of God's unending grace.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Camping
Last week we went camping at the lake. Quyen joined us and we had a wonderful time cooking, walking on the nature trail, and biking. It was a last minute camping trip since the weather was so beautiful. We made smores on the campfire and told scary stories, most of which were not that scary. We headed home on Thursday and awaiting us was an unexpected challenge. We walked into the apartment and I could hear water spraying in our bathroom so I walked over to see what it was. When I got there the whole bathroom was flooded and water was spilling into the bedroom, kitchen, and living room. I panicked and within a few minutes the water was shut off leaving us in a flooded apartment. The first thing I did was take the cat to my mother in law's house, and the carpet guys and Jared moved stuff around so that they could put a dehumidifier and fans to dry the carpet. We have spent the last few nights in a hotel and Monday we will get to return after they fix the carpet. It has been a challenge against our patience and perseverance and I am so grateful to my friends and family who have been praying for us. It was an unexpected event but I know that God still worked through this trial. Today is the first day I got to see the camping pictures and they are beautiful and tranquil, and they remind me of the blessing of nature that persists in its portrayal of God's unending grace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your apartment. But camping looked fun!!!!
Sorry about the apartment. I hope everything works out. The camping pictures turned out great. It was beauitful.
Oh no! I hate floods and wet carpet! Glad you were able to camp though!!!
Post a Comment