
* Rustic items. This is by far one of my favorite design elements. I love to find items that already look worn but are in great condition and incorporate these into our home. We do a lot of resale shopping for home items and have found some amazing things. Another great option is stores that sell home items for a discount like Ross, TJ Maxx, or others. We picked this up at Ross.

*Nature Finds: I found this log on a hike we went on and I love the natural beauty it brings to our home. This can also be done with seashells, rocks, or other items you pick up on a trek through nature.

*Indoor greenery: I love to bring nature indoors and this is a really good way to be artistic. The variety of pots/plants enable anyone to choose which one works for their given space. It also adds to the comfort level as well.

*Baskets: I love using baskets for a variety of purposes mainly as storage units. I am incorporating this into our nursery as well, I just love the natural element this brings into the home.It is one of my favorite design techniques.

* Ambient lighting: We have many lamps and lanterns throughout our home to make it feel more comfortable and to add an atmospheric element to a given space. Lighting is a big design element for Jared and I, we both enjoy finding and incorporating good lighting. Lanterns are a really inexpensive way to add serenity to your space.

*Plush bathroom rugs. I love soft and even overly soft rugs for home decor. They really make it comfy.

*Pictures. Jared did a great job filling both sides of our staircase with family photos, it is like a walk of memories, it's a great technique for home design to share your life with those who visit!
Here it goes, a post about some of my favorite things in regards to home design. As I have been spending a great deal of time indoors at home trying to beat the summer heat, I have had a lot of time to watch design shows. These have inspired me and I have a few major projects in mind for the upcoming future.
Most of these involve the nursery but I also have some for our place in general so I will keep you all updated. In other news I am trying to get back into the crafts as soon as the other room is finished so I have a baby blanket/burp clothes and scrap-booking in mind for next week hopefully. . .
Hope you are enjoying your summer too! Please share some of your design favorites with me too if you want.
P.S. Coming next week, our favorite resale store finds. So stay tuned.:)
No comments:
Post a Comment