Tuesday, June 14, 2011

2011 Goals Update


  • Vision: I still long to have this vision that appreciates the beauty in everyday. It is a difficult task but I am finding that being able to appreciate the small wonders in life really makes it worth celebrating. A few small wonders I have been appreciating lately include an orchid my hubbs bought me, our at home library which we really didn't realize we had until we unpacked 8 boxes; yes 8 boxes of books, reading to my baby, smiles and laughter with friends, long talks late into the night about God and the complexity of the trinity, and flip flops. :)

  • Growth: Well needless to say I think this goal was one that was a little bit vague when I made it. I have come to realize that we grow whether we recognize it or not. Really seeking God helps us grow and I think trying too hard really keeps us from growing. We both seek to get involved in more Bible Studies and for me I am looking for a moms group as well. The groups that we are already a part of have helped us grow tremendously and we plan to continue staying with those. In the meantime, God has led us to look for another church, so any prayers are greatly appreciated. We are a family with those at the church we attend but several factors have contributed to our need to find a new church home. We long to grow wherever He plants us.

  • Exploration: Well not much exploring has been done this year so far. But no fear plans are in the works. We are heading to Fredricksburg again to explore around there more in July. I am also looking at taking a possible additional summer trip as this is the ideal time to travel for us right now. Jared has a Colorado backpacking trip planned with some guys as well. We are planning a lot of local fun stuff for summer and hope to have a summer camping trip/outdoor trip soon.


I decided to do one more post regarding my 2011 goals. This update will cover the ones that I am still working on, most of the others are complete or have been covered in a previous update post. This is the last update I am planning on doing until the end of the year, BAM! Anyways I always wanted to say that. Hopefully throughout the regular posts already some of these goals are already being addressed.

So how about you? How are your 2011 goals turning out?

No comments: