Monday, June 27, 2011

Celebrations of Grace


1. Baby- As the baby continues to grow it is astounding to me to watch as God works in our midst. Pregnancy has been a journey, and I see God's grace each day as he helps our child to grow and develop. I have watched God change us, I have had the opportunity to take the baby to the place where it all began this week. That moment was one of pure joy.

2. Holy Spirit- Guidance by the Holy Spirit is truly a gift of grace. I can't count how many bad situations that could have taken place without the Holy Spirit during this past week. He truly challenges me and calls me to a new life, one that is vastly different from what I know or the place I am now. The movement of God's grace to convict, change, and challenge is amazing.

3. The great body of believers- It is pretty intense to me and rather uplifting that no matter what church you go to it seems that the people begin to feel like family. At the church we visited on Sunday, I don't know if it was coincidence but I scarcely think so, we sang the song "Grace, God's Grace." The service was a celebration of new life (babies) and new birth (salvation), in the midst of our praying for a place to get involved with our growing family.

4. Friends- Lately friends and family have been so encouraging to us as we begin this search for a new church. One friend in particular has helped us on this journey and lifted us up more times than I can count, it is pure grace that God puts people into our lives.

5. Air Conditioning- Recently we have had major air conditioning issues at our apartment. Things were getting really frustrating and so we had to take action. We did that and we continued to pray. The unit has been updated since then and has worked better than before. I don't know if it is completely fixed, but right when we were at our worst point, God came through and offered relief.

Ok so I am a day late, but here we go. This is the first installment of celebrations of grace. Each week I will share five moments/events where I witnessed God's grace in our lives. Share yours too:)

No comments: