Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bible Verses: Grace


This week we return to our topic of grace. Last weekend I was supposed to start the celebration of grace on Sunday and I completely forgot. I apologize and I have plans to start this Sunday. May God work in our hearts and lives and draw us closer to Him.

Romans 5:1-2

"Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God."

By what power do we stand? By grace alone. The only reason we have peace with God is because of Christ, not because we did anything to deserve His grace. The gift of grace far exceeds our expectations, or I believe even our knowledge of it. We cannot fully grasp the things of God and I do not believe we can adequately measure grace. However, it is the force that redeems, that frees, that helps us to stand. It is the very fortitude of our faith to have obtained grace through Christ alone. The next statement should be a reality check for us; it is for me. We rejoice in the hope of His glory, of His name above all names, of His fame. Where are we? Faded but redeemed following behind the trail of lights, singing His praises, worshiping Him, and finding ourselves as a shadow that reflects His truth and His redemption.

*Share your celebration of His grace this Sunday!

No comments: