This week we return to our series on God's grace. I hope that this series has been uplifting and also challenging for all of us. I pray that the Lord will continue to use his word to transform and to reveal himself to us. May we honor the undeserved gift of His grace in our lives each day.
*Bible Verses is not an exhaustive study and each reader should seek the Lord alone for revelation and translation.
2 Corinthians 12:7-10
"So to keep me from being too elated by the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from being too elated. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, '"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
This is perhaps so moving because I sense that I, along with perhaps many of you, rage in battle each day against forces of darkness and against my own flesh. So what is grace? God's power in our weakness, trusting Him as the enemy beats on our door. Seeking the Savior when our lives are in shambles, and knowing that in our weakness His grace shines through. Grace in this passage reminds me of a battle weapon, a force, that uplifts us, moves us, changes us. So this week as our battle rages within I will close with the words from a famous Christian rapper named Lecrae, "let's put our torches up high, tonight we fight for our King." Whether our battle is with darkness, or whether it is within, we must put on our armor, seek His grace and fight for our King!

No comments:
Post a Comment