Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bible Verses: Matthew


This week we return to Matthew to continue with Jesus' teaching regarding worry and anxiety. Next month we will also be in Matthew to continue with these teachings from Christ focusing specifically on parables. I am really eager to see all that God has in store for this study in the coming months. I pray that God would continue to work in each of our lives changing our hearts and drawing us closer to Him.

*Bible Verses is not an exhaustive study and each reader should seek the Lord alone for revelation and translation.

Matthew 10: 29-33
"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs on your head are numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven."

Worry seeks to take all we have. It seeks to take time, energy, relationships, hope. Today and always Christ speaks to the heart, he reconciles a fearful mind to one that is full of unending trust. I believe trust is the antidote to fear. Trust does not promise everything we want, but it does promise everything we need. It promises us a relationship with God that is moving and ever changing. When we battle worry we need only to remember that Christ has already conquered the future, He has already defined our lives, God's will has already been written. Then perhaps time can slow down a little, we can lean on trust, and see the wondrous life that is only found in taking leaps of Faith.

No comments: