Thursday, December 10, 2009

Movie Analysis




I wanted to talk about some of the classes I have taken this semester as the semester draws to a close and finals begin. This has been a hard semester but it has also been one where I feel like I have learned a lot. One of my favorite classes so far has been Literature in Film. It's a class about analyzing movies and I love movies:)

I learned how to look deeper into the film and see how the director conveys the theme through Camera Movement, Editing, Acting, Sound, etc. I had a really great professor and a really interesting book, which I recommend to anyone who is interested in analyzing film. The most important realization I had was, that film is an art form, truly what is conveyed after close analysis is amazing. The book is "Understanding Movies" 11th Edition by Louis Giannetti.The book uses pictures to show you how to analyze film, it is a really neat book.

I also wanted to recommend a few movies that we watched in class that were really good:
The Hurricane,My Family(Mi Familia), and Strictly Ballroom. What are some of your favorite movies?

No comments: