Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bible Verses- Isaiah


I wanted to start a new tradition each Wednesday for the next few weeks called Bible Verses. It can be an opportunity for all of us to share verses from a particular book of the Bible, and how they have impacted us. I think it will be a great opportunity for all of us to grow together in Christ. I hope all of you will join and share it will be a great way to fellowship even far away. Hope everyone is having a great week.

I plan to keep doing this each Wednesday until each book of the Bible is covered, if you have any suggestions on which one to do next please share:)



So Isaiah: Rich in history and prophesy and abounding with verses such as these;

Starting with Isaiah 43:18
"Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert. The beast of the field will honor Me, The jackals and the ostriches, Because I give waters in the wilderness And rivers in the desert, To give to My people, My chosen. This people I have formed for Myself; They shall declare my Praise."

These verses go on and it is a beautiful depiction of God's forgiveness and love. These verses inspire me because even though I am sinful, God forgives. He renews and restores and creates"new things" things beyond even my imagination. No matter where we go he is there. In the desert, He is our water- spiritually speaking I have been through many deserts. In the wilderness He is our river- We are never alone even when we encroach on the unknown. He formed us to praise Him, and all I can say is it is an awesome privilege that we get to exalt Him, that He is forgiving,and that He never leaves us.

Isaiah is full of verses declaring the Glory of God. What is one that has impacted you?

No comments: