I wanted to do a post about Peace, because I think it is very often misunderstood. I myself used to think of Peace as a feeling, like being calm. Peace however, is very different from its typical assumptions. It is not controlled by us, but bestowed upon us from God. It is not a feeling as much as it is a lifestyle. Peace drives out fear and worry, two opponents of it. Peace can only come from God, and often time it is tested and proven in times of trial. In society today there are so many promises or advertisements for peace; books, relaxation music, beauty products, and so much more try to offer peace and tranquility. Real peace isn't just a one time feeling, it drives out our own fears and worries and replaces them with hope. I wanted to share some verses on peace from the bible. Peace is much more powerful then just a simple feeling, much more comforting than a simple solution, much more dynamic and promising...
"A heart of peace gives life to the body..." (Proverbs 14:30)
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your heart be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:27)
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)
"For he himself is our peace..." (Ephesians 2:14)
"Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it." (Psalm 34:14)
"Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you." (1 Timothy 3:16)

3 comments:
Lovely, Nicole.
May the Lord bring peace to all of us :)
That is very true. I love to get God's peace.
Post a Comment