One of my favorite classes so far has been a short Fiction class I took this semester. Everything we read was really short but it was also really good. They entailed various stories some of my favorites I will share with you. The book for the class I recommend, because all of the short stories are in it. It didn't cost too much, I got it used online but it is a really great book. I love Fiction in general to read in my free time. My favorite Christian Fiction authors include; Lynn Austin, Beverly Lewis, and C.S. Lewis(although I haven't had a chance to read The Chronicles of Narnia yet, a goal for the summer...). Anyway, this Fiction class was great and we had a bunch of interesting discussions ranging from vegetable gardens to t.v. shows to deeper philosophical discussions. So here are some of my favorite short Fiction stories from the class:
1. "And of Clay Are We Created"by Isabel Allende- wonderful story about the human connection and spirit.
2. "Cathedral" by Raymond Carver- a story about judging others and the inadequacy in ourselves, with a wonderful ending:)
3. "Paul's Case"by Willa Cather- Tragic story but wonderfully written with great themes.
4. "Spunk" by Zora Neale Hurston- A story about true courage, and character.Written with a western tone which is fun.
5. "The Professor's Houses" by Ursula Le Guin- Wonderful story with embedded symbolism and themes.
The Fiction book includes so many more stories that are worth reading. If you are a busy person most of these stories can be read in less than an hour. It is a great way to spend extra time this summer. :)

1 comment:
i love Christian writers and fiction stories but I usually read longer books.
Post a Comment