Friday, May 15, 2009

22 Memories




Tomorrow is my 23rd birthday. Time sure goes by fast. It feels like yesterday when I celebrated my 22nd birthday and prepared for my wedding. Anyway I wanted to celebrate 22 years by sharing 22 of my favorite memories from the past year. Here they are:

1. Getting Married- The most nervous and exciting day of my life. I am so happy to have a wonderful husband like Jared. I had to get used to a few things about married life, and I guess I still am. This day went by so fast and I wanted to freeze time. It was by far the best day of my life.

2. Our honeymoon- This should have been filmed for a reality t.v. show. So many things went wrong, it was a true trial of our marriage. We did share some great memories from Mexico though. We got to swim with the dolphins, snorkel, and visit ancient ruins.The trip was our first trial as a married couple and I think we both learned and grew because of it.

3. Olivia- I love my kitten:)

4. Bible Study- Our bible study group is the best. The study of Job has changed my outlook about trial and inspired me with hope.

5. Trip to Austin- I got to visit my family and meet Hannah for the first time. I also got to share the road trip with my brother which is always fun. Some highlights of our trip included, trail of Christmas lights, hiking with my uncle, and great conversations.

6. Cooking- I spent many hours cooking this year. I have tried countless new recipes and I got some new aprons from my aunt, which are wonderful. I love to cook.

7. Teaching Sunday School- It has been fun and I have learned alot.

8. Reading- I have read so many books that have challenged my perspective, changed my outlook, or inspired me. Reading is one of my favorite things to do.

9. Coffee shops- I always like to meet my friends for coffee, there is a really cool coffee shop in Denton I spent alot of time in. I love coffee, and I have great memories with friends from the coffee shop.

10.Spending time with Garrison- I always love spending time with my nephew. We went to the park, celebrated his birthday, and went to the zoo this year.

11. The museum of Art- I went to the museum 2 times this year. Both times it was a lot of fun and interesting. I got to see the King Tut exhibit which was really cool.

12. Pottery Painting- This is one of my favorite things to do, and I went there a few times this year. It is a great way to spend time with family and friends.

13. Family photo shoots- They are always great. Most of the time someone ends up getting mad or fighting, but that is to be expected. We have some great photos from the photo shoots and we had great family memories as well

14. Building a Gingerbread house with Jared- Fun for me, not so much for him though..

15. Scrapbooking with my mom and Katie- my mom got injured and spent a few months at home, during that time we got to spend alot of time together, and I have great memories from that time. One of those memories is a day we spent scrapbooking together. It was so much fun.

16. Studying- I don't know how much of my time has been consumed by studying, but I suspect too much. It is great though because I get to stay home and spend the day in my pajamas.

17. Bike Riding on the Trails- This was a great bike ride with my husband. I love being outdoors and spending time there.

18. Bed and Breakfast- Jared and I went to two bed and breakfast's this year. One was the night of our wedding and it was so great. We rented a little cottage. The other time was recently when we rented one in the middle of the city. We had great memories talking in the gardens, walking, and relaxing in a hammock.

19. Board games- Our friends always end up playing board games from time to time. I love to play Life over and over again and Jared hates that game. Anyway, Monopoly has been banned due to everyone getting mad. But we have spent some great time just playing board games.

20. Guitar Hero- 1 day, 1 song, 1 really bad guitar player me:(

21. Golf- 1 day 1 range 1 really bad golfer :(

22. Camping- I had a great time camping recently with Quyen and Jared. We had so much fun. I love to camp. I have great memories of scary stories, bike riding, and a nature trail.

So there it is some of my favorite memories last year. I can't wait to see what 23 will bring..

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Maybe 23 will bring a baby??????? hehe ;)

Toni said...

That is great. You have had a very busy year.