Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sunsets






I have seen so many sunsets from different states, places, terrains and they all seem to have one thing in common they reflect the glory of God. I take them for granted as I run errands in the evening, cook dinner, drive, but they are ever present. God never ceases to allow his glory to be shown or to display to his people the beauty of his creation. I know that every sunset is different, each one holds new rays of light and colors. As the days pass the sunsets continue and provide comfort at the end of a long day. I've taken many pictures of sunsets from many places trying to capture the moment but it seems the moment cannot adequately be captured. I have sat on the shores of the beach and watched them, driven down country roads and watched them, shopped in the city and watched them, waited by the shore of Florida and watched what one person promised to be the best place to see a sunset, I've seen it set in Colorado over the snow capped mountains, and in my own backyard plenty of times. It seems to me the sunsets remain constant in a world that is not, they remain there to comfort in times of need, to offer reflection in a busy world, to bring joy each evening.

4 comments:

the mom~ said...

Amazingly beautiful...I will capture them in Puerto Rico for you, ok... :)

Samantha said...

I LOVED them in Colorado...simply beautiful!!!

Toni said...

I love the pictures. They are beautiful.

Nicole Stockton said...

I can't wait to see the sunset pics of Puerto Rico. :)