Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011 Goal Series Final Update: Part 2




*Continue Learning: This year I have learned a lot. This time it is not behind a bunch of books in school, digging into classical literature, but rather watching my own baby boy and trying to figure him out. I am becoming educated on how to be a mother now; most of which I am happy to report is innate and I don't have to try much.

I have been pouring over parenting books, breastfeeding books, developmental books. What have I learned. True success is seeing my little guy smile when I find out he is hungry and feed him, or he needs a diaper change. Those books did not really prepare me for that.

I have also learned a lot about my husband and marriage this year and I am still falling more in love with him each day. He is one of the most sacrificial people I know and he is an amazing father. Other than that, I have done a little dipping into literature and have read some fiction this year. I have no plans of slowing that down in the year to come. . .



* Focus on Fitness: I am happy to say that even while I was pregnant there was a focus on fitness and I participated in pre-natal yoga. I have even more plans for this coming year but I will share those later. As for regimenting my diet and cutting out sugars, I have to say I am back at square one with that but I hope for all of that to change soon. The one thing I have cut out of my diet is artificial sweetener, which I feel is a good decision. Overall, I think I did fairly well at reaching this goal this year.


*Exploration: We have done a lot of exploring in our local area this year. We have discovered new hiking trails and new places that we like to hang out. We did not go on a big trip this year but we did head to Fredricksberg again. I don't know what this next year holds, but I hope to try to make it to the Grand Canyon and camp there and also to California to visit family.

2011 you have been amazing! It is almost time for you to go, I can't wait to see what 2012 holds. . .

Here is the final update for my goals for 2011. Stay tuned tomorrow to hear about my goals for next year. What are some goals you met this year?

No comments: