Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2011 Goal Series Final Update: Part 1



*Outreach- This year we joined a new church which gave us a few outreach opportunities. This goal mainly became focused in the area that we live as we try to reach out to neighbors. I am not completely confident I reached this goal on the level I intended. If anything I barley got this one started. I will carry it over to 2012 and look forward to more opportunities to serve our community and reach out to those in need.


*Family- Jared and I started our family this year with our new addition Kaleb Avery Stockton born on Thanksgiving day. It is so weird to think back to the beginning of the year when I wrote this goal down. Who could have known that three months later I would be pregnant and nine months after that, well you know what I mean. I could not be happier, having your own family is amazing!


*Welcoming Change- Well this year change welcomed me. After our son was born everything changed, but rewind a little and we experienced a lot of change this year. Student teaching, graduating, pregnancy, birth, moving. All of which I guess I tried to welcome with open arms, some of which I really did welcome with clenched fists. I guess the best thing to say about this goal is that change comes whether you welcome it or not, and it it a choice to embrace the new aspects of your life.

So here we are, officially at the end of 2011. I can't believe it is already nearly a new year! Before we jump into 2012, I wanted to go back and address some of the goals I had for 2011 and do a final update. I will do this in two parts. Stay tuned tomorrow for part 2.

Please share some of your goals and whether or not you feel like you met them this year, I would love to hear them:) Enjoy the rest of 2011 it will be gone really soon!

No comments: