Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Goals




*1: Grow with the Lord: I am so excited to start a new year with the Lord. I can't wait to share moments that take my breath away, truth that convicts and changes, and I hope to hit my knees much more often. I don't think that prayer and reading the Bible can be goals or it becomes rudimentary for me. Instead I will make it a goal to grow with the Lord, to walk closely beside him, and to love Him with every ounce of my being. That being said, failure, sin, and other ills are sure to come, but may this goal be met with bended knees and a submitted heart.


*2: Completing Projects: I have a couple of writing projects that have been sitting for a few months now. Time to dust them off, work them up, and get them completed. I want to have both finished and ready for publication by the summer, but I will give it a year if necessary. This is something I need to do, that I have been trying to do for sometime, and this year by golly it will be done!!!


*3: Focus on the Family: This year I really want to make family a priority and spend as much time with them as possible. Our family is just beginning and it is important to me that our time together is cherished, memorable, and reserved. It is a priority more than a goal to keep our weekends family time and to make the rest of our time together special.


*4: Community: My goal is to continue to build community with those that live around us and with new people we have yet to meet. To pour into each others lives, to pray together, to walk together, to live together and share this wonderful journey side by side. To meet this goal I am going to continue to try and welcome new people, build up our small group, and love the community that we are already a part of.


*5: Fitness Consistency: This year I really want to get in shape and lose some of my pregnancy weight. I also want to be consistent about working out. My goal is to do it least one day of yoga, and two days of cardio each week, combined with regular exercise. I will have to make this a priority and cut some other time consuming activities out, but I am willing to do that. I am looking forward as well to taking baby and me swim classes this summer with the little guy:)


This year I decided to reduce my goals down to five goals that I really feel like I can reach. Last year there were just a few too many. Here they are, Happy 2012!!!

2 comments:

the mom~ said...

Those all sounds like great goals! I love the family weekend goal, that's our too!

Liz Luscomb said...

Good luck with your goals this year! It's nice to have something to work towards.

If you ever need help in the publishing realm of things, let me know. I've already been through it and have been successfully published. I will be continuing my marketing this summer after I settle in with the new baby.
Any hoo, don't hesitate to ask if you feel stuck on what to do because it can be a very confusing market.