Thursday, February 17, 2011

Reflection: Beauty Part 2


First Sight. I remember the first time I really was able to see myself for who I was and for who God was calling me to be. The reflection in the mirror was replaced with a longing to be like Christ to know Christ, that is still where I am today. To truly experience the beauty in life we have to step away from ourselves. Leave the mirror, and take a look around. To look at a struggling country that praises God even when they do not know where their next meal will come from, to look at the beauty in brokeness and repentance of a new believer, to see the beauty in the work of the Lord in the lives of the children in Sunday School each week. To truly see beauty your vision has to change.

Our vision must be focused on others and helping them. We must cast aside our own ego in order to appreciate people, to tell others that we need them. Love does not see its own reflection but that of another on the same note; Beauty does not see its own reflection but that of another.

*First Sight the act of showing God's love to a world in desperate need regardless of how they appear.

The Conclusion; Part 3 Coming Saturday so stay tuned. . .

No comments: