Monday, February 14, 2011

Our Valentine's Weekend










This weekend we celebrated Valentine's Day and two more birthdays. Jared's Grandpa turned 80 and Jared's brother Seth turned 21. We celebrated their birthdays on Saturday after our annual marriage conference. We enjoy going to these conferences, and I am a big believer that you can never learn too much about marriage. We like to attend these to ensure that our marriage is growing, to address how our marriage can improve,and we renew our focus. I also believe that we are not perfect and our marriage needs work. I want to share with you all that many times these conferences open our eyes to our sin and failure, and we seek to change. Sometimes that happens, other times we go to a few of these before a particular issue gets resolved. I think that in so many ways our marriage is not a picture of a romance movie, instead it is a realistic vision of two people walking down a bumpy road. We claim love, but only because we fight for it. We claim it because we stumble along this road leaning on each other and looking to the cross, only to find the true meaning of love. The love that redeems when we falter and fall short, the love that picks us up when we fall, the truth that sets us free is this; true love comes from him. So that is where we are. Anyways,

Sunday, we celebrated Valentine's Day. We started the afternoon at lunch with some great buds of ours from church it was fun. Then we just went spontaneous places around town for a while. We visited the free museum and The Little Chapel in the Woods. Then we headed for an early dinner at Olive Garden and went home to open gifts and watch Fireproof. It was a great celebration. Hope you have a great Valentine's Day too. What do you plan to do?

I want to end this post with a note about my love; my husband Jared. I just want to say that Valentine's Day and always Jared goes out of his way to make my life brighter. I hope that we will be newlyweds forever, and am honored to share each day with him.

Marriage Today website (the DVD series and books are great too:):
http://www.marriagetoday.com/

No comments: