Doing vs. Being is also present within my relationship with Jared and others. With Jared, he is a spontaneous, sporadic, fun-loving guy. I am a planning, structured, still fun-loving kinda gal. Combined at times our ideas and what we want to do clashes. I have to take responsibility, because many times it is due to the fact that I am once again doing while he is trying to be. In other words, he wants to do something other than what I planned or sporadically surprise me in the middle of my highly structured day.I love surprises but at times I am so focused on planning that I do not give Jared or others the ability to surprise. I hinder our relationship at times by not just abandoning the schedule.
In analyzing reckless abandonment, I realize that God is also calling me to abandon my schedule and highly structured method of doing things, to embrace the freedom in spontaneous surprises. I realize he is calling me to stop forcing schedules upon others and rather embrace their ideas and free up time. Perhaps he is calling us to free up time to reflect, to think, to walk bare footed on the grass, or gaze aimlessly at a sunset, to just be. To be content without a structure, because sometimes the best things are unexpected. . .

1 comment:
Good writing. I like this one :)
Post a Comment