Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Bible Verses:Isaiah


This week the Bible Verses Series will wrap up the study on Isaiah. Next week, we will move on to Jeremiah and continue there for the duration of October. I hope this study has been helpful and inspiring, as well as compelling, moving all of us towards a deeper relationship with Christ.

We will return to Isaiah in the future but I would encourage anyone interested in the deeper study to look up Bible Study Fellowship as I have recently heard from a family member that the study is beginning here in Texas. There are also several Bible Study books out regarding Isaiah, and I will attempt to post some hyperlinks on next weeks Bible Verses series. I will make an ongoing commitment to looking up studies for each of the books we will study and sharing them with you.

On to this weeks study, may God challenge and change our hearts.

*Bible Verses is not an exhaustive study and each reader should read the book of the Bible in its entirety and seek direction from the Holy Spirit.

*This week there will be no notes rather let us worship, let God break our hearts. This passage reveals our Savior, despite our sin, let this passage strike us and may we worship the one and only Christ.

Isaiah 53:4-6

"Surely he has borne our griefs
and carried our sorrows;
yet we esteemed him stricken,
smitten by God, and afflicted.

But he was wounded for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought
us peace,
and with his stripes we are healed.

All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned our eyes every one to his own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

**Please continue reading this Chapter in the Bible and continue on to Chapter 54 as the love of Christ is beyond comprehension.

No comments: