Lately I have felt the Lord really dealing with me regarding doing vs. being. I have heard several sermons regarding the subject recently and it is just something that has been weighing heavy on my heart. I feel like some many times I do. I do and do and do and continue to take on tasks. Somehow I feel like at times God calls me to leave all of that aside, to let it all go, and abandon my schedule and spend time with Him. This is very hard for me to do and recently I have just not been able to follow the Lord fully with this. I am by nature a planner, organizer, bookkeeper, and scheduler. I have everything planned from now until Christmas but somehow even with that done it is incomplete. Somehow in the lines between what I have or need to do, and where I need to go, my time with God becomes scarce.
So reckless abandonment is not something we do; it something that transforms who we are. I cannot do enough but somehow abandoning doing at times allows us to be. To just be.Just to be and in the midst of that somehow I don't miss my planner all that much, I don't think about my next appointment or task, I don't try to attain. It is just me and just Him and I can just Be. There is no freedom like the freedom that comes from the arms of Christ. So today may we run and seek Him, leave it all behind, and just Be.

1 comment:
Very good thoughts, Nicole.
Post a Comment