Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year's Recipe


I wanted to share a New Recipe for the New Year. It is really good even if you don't like black eyed peas, and it makes alot so you will have leftovers. It is also good for a get together or party, its easy and it makes alot. A friend at work gave me the recipe and I made it this week and it was great. Hope you all enjoy it:)

Black Eyed Pea Chili- by Bob

Ingredients:
1 pound bulk pork sausage: I use the Jimmy Dean rolled sausage but any breakfast one will do
1 medium onion chopped
1/2 cup celery
4 cans of black-eyed peas undrained
1 can diced unsalted tomatoes, undrained
1 can diced tomatoes with green chillies, undrained
2 tablespoons of chili powder

Optional: Any other vegetable you prefer would probably work well with this chili if you want to add it.

Steps:
1. Brown sausage in a frying pan
2. Add it and all other ingredients into a crock pot
3. Cook on high for 30-45 min
4. Cook on low for an 30min-1hr.

No comments: