Friday, January 8, 2010

Favorite Cold Weather Stuff

#1- A heated blanket- We got ours on the day after Thanksgiving for really cheap, but it is made of thick fabric. I don't like the super cheap ones because they arn't comfortable but this one is really good and it keeps us warm on a cold morning and/or night.
#2- Fires in our fireplace. It is so nice to sit by a fire in the winter. We just use firelogs because they are easier to start and cleanup but I love real wood fires as well.
#3- Apple Cider- I don't really think the brand matters, its all good, but I love Apple Cider on a cold night with cinnamon on top. Good stuff:)
#4- Coffee- I love to make my own coffee drinks especially in the winter when the stores offer the special creamers, coming up soon a recipe for homemade Gingerbread Latte's...
#5- Hand Creams are essential and I love them. My favorites are this one I got for Christmas, and the Shea Butter Hand Cream from Bath and Body Works.


I wanted to do a post and share some of my favorite stuff for when its cold outside;which it has been here, really cold. Anyways, we have spent lots of time indoors lately watching movies, reading by the fire, and playing board games it has been good to relax on this break. Hope all of you are having a fun winter as well. What are some of your favorite things when it is cold outside?

2 comments:

the mom~ said...

My down blanket.
My gloves and jacket.
My autostart in my van-LOVE THIS!
My gloss and chapstick.
My citrus mint lotion for Victoria's Secret.

What a fun post!

Nicole Stockton said...

I love down blankets as well Salena and gloss and chapstick too:) Great list.