Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful Thoughts. . .



This being the day before Thanksgiving I wanted to share a list of 10 things I am thankful for given that Thanksgiving is tomorrow; this list contains many things I usually don't show gratitude for, and so I hope that this Thanksgiving will be different that the true meaning will shine through when its over, that each day is a day that we can give thanks. Anyways, Hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow.

1. My relationship with Christ- It continually renews, refreshes, and challenges me, it is not always easy, and I often mess up, but still Christ's love has been the most constant thing in my life. It has changed me and I am thankful that His love is unfailing and redemptive.

2. My husband- Jared is one of the most influential people in my life. I am thankful for his steadfast character and faithfulness. I am thankful for God bringing us together and how He continues to change us both. I am thankful for Jared's honesty and his genuine personality that makes me laugh or smile. Our marriage is by no means perfect, far from that even, but loving Jared is a gift that I often take for granted. So I am thankful that God is still working through our marriage to bring us closer together and closer to Him.

3. My Family- Each member of our family is different, and yet all of them come together, and I enjoy spending time with them all. Can't wait to spend tomorrow with most of them. Family from afar wish we could all be together, hopefully some time very soon:)

4. My Friends- Who have countless times been there for me to cheer me up, make me laugh, or inspire me. I am so blessed to have you.

5. Olivia- :)

6. My job- I am thankful that I have a flexible job that works around my schedule and I truly love all the people there its a great place to be.

7. Education- I have learned in the past four years that learning though fun, is also a struggle, and I will carry that lesson on long after school is over. Education is worth the struggle and it is something that I cherish and long for all to have. I am thankful for the opportunities we have to learn each day.

8. Provision- No matter what happens God has always met our needs, even when we wondered and questioned and did not fully trust, his provision was still there. I am so thankful that he takes care of us not just for our physical needs, but he meets the deepest emotional needs and provides for spiritual growth as well. So thankful for all of that.

9. Health- I think this is something that I usually take for granted as well. However, I am thankful that all of my family is healthy, that Jared and I are healthy, it is a blessing.

10. Each Day- Each day is a gift and I am thankful for all of them. I am thankful for what is composed in a day the sunrise, sunset, blue sky's, and nature.

What are some things you are thankful for this year?

No comments: