Romans 3:18
Fall reminds me alot about change and it seems that in God's providence, he calls all things to change. The hardest part of that providence is that he calls us to change as well. Change is something I think that all people struggle with, it is in our natural ability to resist change. It is not easy to move to a new place, start a new job, meet new people, change churches, change schools, change internally. Change, however, is crucial in our relationship with God. He calls us to change; the Holy Spirit convicts change, the Word and prayer bring about change. In recent years I have started to strive for change, God has put it in my heart to long for change, but changing is still a struggle. I resist many times because change is hard. It is a journey, it is a struggle, it is a calling. It brings about a new heart, a new mind, a new spirit that seeks only Him. So as we all walk through this journey may each day bring a new chance to embrace change.

No comments:
Post a Comment