Gathering Leaves- By Robert Frost
Spades take up leaves
No better than spoons,
And bags full of leaves
Are light as balloons.
I make a great noise
Of rustling all day
Like rabbit and deer
Running away.
But the mountains I raise
Elude my embrace,
Flowing over my arms
And into my face.
I may load and unload
Again and again
Till I fill the whole shed,
And what have I then?
Next to nothing for weight,
And since they grew duller
From contact with earth,
Next to nothing for color.
Next to nothing for use.
But a crop is a crop,
And whose to say where
The harvest shall stop?
website www.apples4theteacher.com
I am so happy that November is here, and a little stressed about it as well. We have so much coming up. We move to a new apartment complex in December, so November will be full of packing. Also, November will be full of work for school as the end of the semester draws near. Not to mention Thanksgiving, and a much needed break. November 20 is also Katie's Birthday so it will be fun as well. This month is going to be busy:)
I can' t help but take the time to notice however, the beautiful hues that light my day. The gentle rustle of the falling leaves, and the bright orange sunsets. These things highlight November, they give it life and display God's glory and grace. In honor of that I wanted to share a fall poem and a few pics of how beautiful fall is, in November.

1 comment:
Those are great pictures. Here it ihas been 80 and 90 still so not alot of leaves changing.
Post a Comment