This month we are covering a series on the elements of faith that we are thankful for. This will include pictures that correspond with the element of faith as well. Join in and add your thoughts or discuss the things you are thankful for. May God open our eyes to the gifts He gives each day without fail. May we humbly seek Him and give Him thanks.
*Bible Verses is not an exhaustive study and each reader should seek the Lord alone for revelation and translation.
Love
1 Corinthians 13:4-13
" Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist upon its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never ends. As for prophesies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love."
I am so overwhelmed at the love of Christ, for where I fail at so many of the specifications listed above; He does not. His love is enduring and perfecting, it is deep and knows no bounds. I am thankful for this love that compels me to worship, challanges me to love in this way as well, and encourages me in trials.
The love of my husband is a rare gift, I feel as if it is a precious and wonderful thing to watch someone really live out unconditional love and feel that. Even though He can never live up to the specifications above, I have the unique gift of watching God mold and shape His heart. I get to watch my husband love God and that is a beautiful and timeless gift.
The love I have for Kaleb already has taken me to a new place in regards to love. The overwhelming desire to do anything and everything for his well being. Now I see everything in regards to love from a new lens. I feel a sacrificial aspect of love that I have not experienced prior. I know that God's love for us is so much greater than this small feeling I have, and that it literally picks us up, comforts, and guides.
For all of the love in my life, and for all of the people God has given me to love, I am thankful.

1 comment:
This is awesome, I LOVE it :)
Post a Comment