Monday, November 21, 2011

Nine. . .














Nine months ago I found out I was pregnant. It feels like yesterday, I can see the look on Jared's face as we find out that we are going to be parents. Like a whirl wind these nine months have passed by so fast. Too fast. . .

I was student teaching and trying to make a difference in the lives of kids only to find that there would be a kid making a difference in mine.

Then there was graduation a moment I had waited for over five years for, only to walk across stage with our son. A moment etched in my heart forever.

After that was the summer and our baby moon to Fredricksberg and lots of fun with friends and family preparing for the baby.

The next chapter was when we found out he was a boy! I was speechless I think my heart actually stopped beating for a single second to take it all in. We are having a son.

Name picking which was really an amazing journey to name him and then discover the promise of his name in the Bible. To start to put a name with his beautiful face. Kaleb Avery. . .

Baby showers, love, decorating his room all a memory now, but a treasured journey marked by love.

Watching Him grow, watching God form him from a tiny peanut size baby to a full grown one. I remain speechless at the foot of our Savior. Who am I and who is my family that He has brought us this far?

Here we are about to meet our son any day. I treasure every movement now knowing that soon He will be here, in the world. There is so much I want to show him, so much I want him to know, so much love I want to give to him, but right now I want to stay in this moment and freeze it in time.

Soon life will begin for our little guy and as they say life as we know it will end. Can't wait:)

2 comments:

Liz Luscomb said...

I can't wait for some pictures! You better post plenty, lol. :o)

the mom~ said...

:) So glad you've met him!