Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Bible Verses: Give Thanks





This week we return to the Bible Verses Series regarding giving thanks. This will be the last post of this series due to Kaleb's impending arrival. We will be giving thanks and we already are for his life, and the opportunity to finally meet him.

Look for this series to begin again in December when we will cover prophesy concerning the Birth of Christ and focus on Christmas books as well.:) Happy Thanksgiving early to all of you. May we each take time to thank God for the wonderful gift of life He gives us with each new day.

* Bible Verses is not an exhaustive study and each reader should seek the Lord alone for revelation and translation.

Peace
This has been something I have struggled to find in recent weeks and God has graciously poured it down upon me each day amidst fears, doubts, and weakness and for this I am thankful. His love is unfailing and it sustains. Peace is something that I believe has to be sought in order to be found, I do not think that we can find it unless we bother to stop and seek it. The feeling of peace is deep and penetrating and can cover all fear. May we each relish the opportunity we have to find peace in Christ.

Psalm 34: 14
"Turn away from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it."

Isaiah 26: 3-4
"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you,
because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock."

John 14:27
"My peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let them be afraid."

Romans 5:1
"Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God."

No comments: