Friday, November 12, 2010

Free Recipe Friday

Fall Chicken Salad
This recipe makes enough for a family of 3-4

Ingredients:
1 large can of chicken
2. 1 small package of raisins
3. 1/4 cup pecans
4. Pepper
5. Apples
Optional Ingredients: Cranberries, Sunflower Seeds, Grapes.

Steps:
1. Drain canned Chicken
2. Add Mayo until creamy
3. Add Raisins, pecans, apples and optional ingredients
4. Sprinkle pepper over the top
5. Serve on bread, with rolls, or on a salad or any other way you choose
6. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Snowballs: Great for Christmas or Fall
Recipe Derived From: Southern Living's Christmas Cookbook

(This Recipe makes like two to three dozen so this is a great recipe for a Christmas party, Thanksgiving Gathering, or just to share with family and friends)
I forgot about the powdered sugar so mine are powder sugar free but I am looking forward to adding it to the next batch!

Ingredients:
1 cup butter softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup powdered sugar

Steps
1.Beat softened butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
2. Gradually add granulated sugar beating well.
3. Stir in chunky peanut butter until blended.
4. Combine flour and salt and gradually add to peanut butter mixture.
5. Roll dough into one inch balls on greased cookie sheet
6. Bake 350 for 12-15 min. (Note: I decreased the temperature down to 325 and I don't keep them in there that long because they turn out better when they are slightly undercooked.)
7. Let them cool and then roll them in powdered sugar.
8. Enjoy!


I will be composing two posts that focus on our favorite fall recipies for the next two Fridays. I will share two recipes each Friday that are fairly easy to make and take only a brief time to cook, this is helpful because we are in a busy time of year and its hard for all of us to take a lot of time with recipes. Anyways, Hope you enjoy em' and Happy Weekend. :)

P.S. I am going to try to add a list option on the blog that tracks the recipes and other categories to make them easy to access once the post has moved from the main screen. Hopefully, I can get this feature up and running this weekend.

No comments: