This week we will continue in Isaiah and perhaps continue there for the month of September and perhaps even longer. There is so much that is contained in here and I don't think we will even skim the surface. This week and next week we will return to Isaiah 55. May God open our hearts and our minds to hear from Him, may we seek Him, follow Him, and abandon all to know Him more.
*Bible Verses is not an exhaustive study and all readers should study the passage and seek the Holy Spirit alone for interpretation.
Isaiah 55:6-9
"Seek the Lord while He may be found,
Call upon Him while He is near.
Let the wicked forsake his way,
And the unrighteous man his thoughts;
Let him return to the Lord,
And He will have mercy on him;
And to our God,
For he will abundantly pardon.
'"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord.
"For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."'
*Authors notes are not interpretive but rather thoughts or feelings of the author.
So much of this passage reminds me of my attempts at righteousness. It brings me to think upon the armor of God and perhaps more prominently the breastplate of righteousness. The sheer weight of it causes me to fall. For in all my attempts I fall short, in all my own pride I seek to pick up the armor again and once again fail. Somehow like this passage a truth is revealed in my falling that it is not I that am able to lift the armor, it is not in my strength to pick it up. Only in God's strength, only He can lift it. It is not my righteousness and I cannot do anything to attain it, only Christ. These verses remind me that we(I) need not pretend that I do am good and can do anything, for all good comes from Him. When we seek Him may we be reminded that we are not expected to arrive as valiant warriors but rather as humble broken servants, we are to arrive as we are, and seek Him. We are to seek Him as we are sinners in need of a Savior, lambs that are lost in seek of a Leader, broken wounded warriors in seek of a King.

No comments:
Post a Comment