For the remainder of August we will be studying Isaiah and we will not even cover much of the book itself. Isaiah is 66 chapters and is extensive in the relationship between God and Israel. We are going to focus on chapter 55 the for the next two weeks. During the next few weeks as we study Isaiah, I pray that God will move in each one of our lives and break down the walls of our hearts. I will pray that much like the march around Jericho the thick walls of our hearts would be broken down and that the Holy Spirit would move us to repentance and change.
* Bible Verses is not an exhaustive study and each reader is encouraged to read the book of the Bible in its entirety and seek revelation from the Holy Spirit.
Isaiah 55: 1-3
Come to the Lord
"Ho! Everyone who thirsts,
Come to the waters;
And you who have no money,
Come, buy, and eat.
Yes, come, buy wine and milk
Without money and without price.
Why do you spend money for what is not bread,
And your wages for what does not satisfy?
Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good,
And let your soul delight itself in abundance.
Incline your ear, and come to Me.
Hear, and your soul shall live;
And I will make an everlasting covenant
with you-
The sure mercies of David."
*Authors Notes are mere observations and thoughts and all readers are encouraged to seek the Holy Spirit for meaning.
So many times I fail to seek the Lord with everything. At times I feel like God is waiting for us to seek Him in reckless abandonment. Leaving behind the things and people we seek in order to feel whole and come to Him. The question above is one that strikes me to the core. Why do I seek "things" for fulfillment? Only God can complete us. There is no comparison, and no alternative. So may each of us run to Him today in reckless abandonment and may these verses ring true for us, may they change us.
*P.S.> There is still time to share your favorite summer music if you have not had the opportunity to in the post below.

No comments:
Post a Comment