This semester I took two classes regarding education. Both of them were wonderful! The first one focused on Educational Psychology which is very detailed and yet accurate, it offers various types of curriculum and instruction based on psychology. If anyone is interested in learning more about this I would recommend the book:
- Educational Psychology 11th Edition by Woolfolk.
The other course I took was a course regarding technology in Education. I learned about some software programs that can be very helpful for kids.
I will share some now. These are from the book:
- Integrating Educational Technology into Teaching fifth edition by M.D. Roblyer and Aaron H. Doering.
1. Earobics: by Cognitive Concepts. This software program contains drill and practice activities that improve a child's phonological awareness and reading skills.
website: http://www.earobics.com
2. Congress for Kids Sponsored by Dirksen Congressional Center- This software is also drill and practice focused on the government, constitution, democracy, and other historical and important information regarding U.S. History designed for kids in Elementary School. This is free software.
website: http://www.congressforkids.net
3. Oregon Trail and other Simulation/Instructional games- This website offers several options for games or software for instruction for all age levels. More games on this site include Arthur's Math Games, Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego and many others.
website: http://www.learningcompany.com
4. Microsoft Power- Point- This software program standard on most computers can be used creatively by kids to make flash cards, presentations, or to organize information.
5. Smart Draw- This software program helps kids organize information in a concept- map or other helpful chart. This is a great program for kids in Elementary all the way up to high school level.
Website: http://www.smartdraw.com

No comments:
Post a Comment