For the month of May and June, the Bible Verses series will focus on Proverbs. Each week I will share excerpts from a chapter in Proverbs and some thoughts about each, but I really want to hear back from you what do these Proverbs mean to you? I have heard from others that we should take some time and really meditate on the Proverbs because although they are short, they contain a lot of meaning. Hopefully this series will expand our horizons regarding living for Christ and will change our hearts.
- Proverbs 19 verse 8
I think this verse is very powerful because sense is something we tend to ignore and yet it is essential to change. Understanding is also essential to change, if we just read God's word but we do not seek to understand it, or allow it to change us, then it is hard to truly grow in Christ.
- Verse 11
This verse follows up the previous one and I think being slow to anger is something that is hard to do. It is obvious by this verse that we should seek to be slow to anger and to forgive others when they offend us.
- Verse 21
This is an important verse. We all have a lot of plans for our future, but God's purpose will be what leads us. Some of our plans will not come to pass, because God seeks His will and not ours. This is hard for me because I am a planner, I can plan the next few years because I love organization. This verse really opens my eyes to the fact that my will is not His, my plans may not be His plans, so let Him lead.
- Verse 2
This verse is about patience I think. Rushing to act on desire will not bring us happiness. Longing after things instead of God is not wise. Our desire is so dependent on our hearts, the closer we are to God the more our hearts turn towards him.
- Verse 20
This is a hard one. It is difficult to accept advice and instruction and yet it is necessary for growth. Love seeks growth for others. My closest family and friends have been there and told me when what I said or did was wrong. It was hard to hear at first, but it impacted me and caused me to seek change. Advice and Instruction are evidence of Love and may each of us cherish them.

No comments:
Post a Comment