Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bible Verses: Meditation in Psalms


This week I wanted to focus on God's help in our time of need and praying during difficult times. Often times it is difficult to pray when we are in distress because we get so caught up in the moment and in the situation and we try to fix it ourselves. It is always challenging to hand over our greatest struggles, temptations, and problems to God and trust that he will take care of them. However, I think in the midst of every storm God calls us to himself and asks us to lay aside our pride and knowledge of how to "fix" things and give it all up to Him. May this passage be encouraging to all of us to lay it all down at the foot of the Cross and cling to the one who sets us free.

Psalm 61 1-4
"Hear my cry, O God,
listen to my prayer;
from the end of the earth I call to you
when my heart is faint.

Lead me to the rock
that is higher than I,
for you have been my refuge,
a strong tower against the enemy.
Let me dwell in your tent forever!
Let me take refuge under the shelter of your wings!"

No comments: