For the remainder of the month I will focus on Meditation in Psalms. These Psalms are so honest and reveal the heart of David. I strive to align my prayer life in that manner so that my prayers reveal honesty. I think honesty is a key component in prayer. There is no need to pretend things are perfect and we are perfect but rather; prayer calls us to lay down our sin. It calls us to admit our failures and seek redemption. Through prayer we grow closer to God and he teaches us. This Psalm speaks of David's desire for God to teach him. May this Psalm become a prayer of our heart as well for God to teach us and lead us; and may we humbly follow and lay down pride.
Psalm 25 (4-9)
"Make me to know your ways, O Lord;
teach me your paths.
Lead me in your truth and teach me,
for you are the God of my salvation;
for you I wait all the day long.
Remember your mercy, O Lord, and
your steadfast love
for they have been from old.
Remember not the sins of my youth or
my transgressions;
according to your steadfast love
remember me,
for the sake of your goodness,
O Lord!
Good and upright is the Lord;
therefore he instructs sinners in the way.
He leads the humble in what is right,
and teaches the humble his way."
If you would like to share your thoughts please do, I'd love to hear from you:)

No comments:
Post a Comment