Monday, October 12, 2009

Illuminate



God's word has a wonderful power of illumination.

It illuminates our fears and restores our security:
"fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you and help you, I will uphold you with my righteous hand." Isaiah 41:10

It illuminates our sin and restores us with forgiveness.
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

It illuminates our weaknesses and gives us His strength.
" For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:10

It illuminates our failures and gives us hope.
"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." Romans 12: 12

It illuminates our pride and calls us to humility.
" He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

It illuminates our hearts so that we may carry the truth to others.
" You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to the whole house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." Matthew 5: 14-16

1 comment:

the mom~ said...

Ahhhh, thanks for sharing!!!