What is comprised in a day? Twenty four hours, lots of time. A resounding thought I have had recently has been the one regarding living for today. I believe now more strongly than before that there is great significance and value in living in each day. Life is comprised not just of tasks and plans, and lists;but more so comprised of thoughts, dreams, and reflection. Each of us has the capacity each day to read and be inspired through God's word, to reflect and think on that word and change. You see, I believe life is much more about our internal capacity than the outer cares, worries, and tasks. There are external elements that inspire us to live each day to the fullest, to enjoy each small thing that adorns this journey with life. The sun, the leaves, the rain fall, and the list is by far endless.
I think that the Bible encourages us to let the past be the past, not to worry about a tomorrow which is far off, not to live in what we wish we had or who we wish we could be. I think it inspires us to be who we are right now, to spend time just thinking, just spending time with family, just laughing, just crying, just embracing each moment today. Not to let the day pass where we are consumed by worry about the future, or run down with daily tasks, or upset about yesterday. We are given an enormous gift in each day. The opportunity for countless memories. I think those are more likely to be in the simple things. In the everyday things that bring us joy.
This has been hard for me to accept because I spend so much time worrying or thinking about the future or past. It has been difficult even painful to see how my time is spent, how I have not lived for today. But it is encouraging to know and has inspired me to change. So what is in a day? So what will today hold... ?

1 comment:
I could use a heaping helping of the "just" life you mention in the second paragraph.
Post a Comment