Friday, October 2, 2009

Fall Decorating




I am so excited about the arrival of Fall, I started decorating at the end of September. I can't wait for the nice cool breezes, the falling of leaves, the coloring of the trees, and the beautiful sunsets. I usually don't decorate much for Fall, but I love the colors and so I decided this year was a good year to start. I hope everyone has a great Fall, and I wanted to share a few poems regarding October:

"October's the month
When the smallest breeze
Gives us a shower
Of autumn leaves.
Bonfires and pumpkins,
Leaves sailing down -
October is red
And golden and brown."
- Can Teach Songs


"O hushed October morning mild,
Thy leaves have ripened to the fall;
Tomorrow's wind, if it be wild,
Should waste them all.
The crows above the forest call;
Tomorrow they may form and go.
O hushed October morning mild,
Begin the hours of this day slow.
Make the day seem to us less brief.
Hearts not averse to being beguiled,
Beguile us in the way you know.
Release one leaf at break of day;
At noon release another leaf;
One from our trees, one far away."
- Robert Frost, October


website source for poetry:http://www.egreenway.com/months/monoct.htm

3 comments:

the mom~ said...

Love your new blog title! I too LOVE fall :)

Toni said...

I would love fall if it every got here. It is cooler today at about 82, but I don't think that is fall.

Samantha said...

I LOVE fall!!! I'm so excited for pumpkins and Halloween!