I wanted to do a three part series about what is in a day. So this is the second part of that series. Most of our days are spent wondering and trying to discover who we are and what our purpose is. What are we supposed to do as a career? Where are we supposed to live? etc. Many questions like this, are ones that we all struggle with. I have come to believe and yet not to fully understand that each of us has an identity in Christ. We are who he made us to be, he is still yet transforming us day by day. As far as the previous questions are concerned I believe that God has given each of us strengths and weaknesses and allows us from there to choose how to use them.
As far as what he wants us to do, I believe that we can be anywhere and serve him, we can do anything and give him praise. Therefore, I think at times he calls us to worship right where we are, to serve right where we are, to use our strengths to give him glory right where we are. The greatest mission field can be right outside our front door. We each see people everyday that need hope, that need love, that need to know Jesus.
This is very difficult for me because at times I am very shy and I am not the strongest at sharing my faith with others. Never the less, I struggle but I know that there are times where God can lead us to pray for someone, or to encourage them, or to just share with them the difference he has made in our life. I think that this is a struggle that we must overcome in His strength. No matter where you are, God can use you. As far as what this has to do with a day, each day there are opportunities that each of us miss at times to help others. Purpose can be a complex word, or it can be very simple. Putting it simply helping others is a purpose anyone can fulfill.
Each day is full of opportunity... what will today hold...
Part 3 coming soon...

No comments:
Post a Comment