Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Nature up Close

Nature is painted with patterns,
With hues that accentuate their beauty,
With berries that are unique,
And flowers that grow amidst the stones,
With small things often lost yet treasured when found,
Nature often takes you away,
To a place where death brings new life,
And water falls renew your spirit,
Where the power of God and the glory of creation paint your memory forever.


One thing I learned in Alaska was to take a closer look. To spend time enjoying nature, and not rushing to see or do the next thing. I also learned that nature is full of surprises and traces of God's craftsmanship. We saw life in the forest on the hike and observed beauty that can only be found in the uncharted areas and vast land of Alaska, or the carefully cared for gardens in Canada. There are treasures beyond the hectic busy schedule of life, when each of us takes the time to explore and be a part of nature. Whether its in a new forest, or just your backyard. When we each take the time to observe life in a new way...Up close.

3 comments:

Elijah Davidson said...

I like this.

Samantha said...

I love looking at the beauty God has created in nature!!!

Toni said...

Beautiful pictures.