Saturday, July 18, 2009

Alaska Days 1-3

Juneau from the tram
A waterfall from our hike
The Glacier up close
Jared and his brothers on the hike
All of us at the foot of the Glacier
Jared and I by the Glacier
Mendenhall Glacier
Right before we got to Juneau we all sat on the deck and took pictures
Jared on the deck
The Sunrise
Jared and his sister
Me and a fish ice sculpture it was awesome.
Jared and I at dinner.
Jared and I on the boat.
Mt. Rainer in Seattle elevation 14,000 feet this is through the window of the airplane.



Our trip to Alaska began in Seattle Washington. It was rare, but it was not raining there. The weather on this cruise was some of the best the crew has seen. We were on the ocean for a day and a half before we arrived in Juneau Alaska.
In Juneau we hiked a 3.5 mile hike into the woods toward Mendenhall Glacier. The Glacier was amazing and the hike was great. Then we rode the tram up to the top of the mountain and saw Juneau from above.
This was the first part of our journey and I wanted to post it in stages because there are so many great pictures to show everyone. It was a great start to our journey, and as the journey continued God's love and his beautiful creation continued to amaze us....

3 comments:

Elijah Davidson said...

AWE SOME!!!

Samantha said...

The pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Can't wait to see the rest. :)

the mom~ said...

totally cool!