Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Icy day




Monday I woke up and the outside was covered in ice. I scraped my car and ran some errands and returned still amazed at how ice can change ordinary things. Everyday grass, trees, pine cones, bushes were transformed to ice covered beauties. I realized then how much I take for granted the ordinary things in life. How wonderful it is to see ice covered grass or trees giving their appearance a new dimension. I wanted to capture it with my camera so I took some pictures. The pictures really don't do it justice; the visible was much more beautiful. So I took away from this event so common and mundane to most the importance of appreciating the beauty in every day things. The small things that God provides that are often taken for granted can be transformed into glorious tools to represent his glory.

3 comments:

Elijah Davidson said...

I especially like the third picture, and good thoughts too.

"Excellence is in the details," and God is unparalleled at the details.

the mom~ said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you think!

Samantha said...

Isn't God amazing!!! I love when we can stop our busy lives and just appreciate the little beautiful things God has made!!