Hi all a little behind on the blogging:) I hope to catch up more this week. I wanted to finish our study on Thanksgiving by just saying a few final words and offering a book suggestion. Later in the week we will resume the series with our Birth and Reign of Christ series. Also, this week I hope to complete my blog award nomination post and do a November Family Update so stay tuned. . . :)
Book Suggestion: "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp is an amazing book about living out gratitude in daily life:)
Final Thoughts: As I look back on Thanksgiving this year sometimes it makes me a little sick to be honest. I mean I have too much to be thankful for if that is possible and yet I scarcely show my gratitude to the Lord or those around me. Why is it that I am only openly honest with those that deserve gratitude one day a year? I pray that God continues to work this out in me so that I can be more open with those around me about how much they mean to me. Also, it is just hard sometimes to sit in a nice house around good food and not think of those who have no table, no food, no shelter. It is heartbreaking and it is an ill of the world that I cannot solve so it is also frustrating. . . Thankfulness flows from an overflowing heart and mine is more than overflowing. I am so grateful for so much that I need no more of what this world offers> In a culture that wants to feed us more this Christmas might we all take a step back and say. Enough. The birth of Christ. More than Enough. The Cross.More than Enough. Family.More than Enough. Friends.More than Enough. I don't need more. . . unless it is more refining, more changing, more gratitude, more giving, more sacrificing. . . This year I need more of only one person how bout you? Jesus. . .
Please share your thoughts below. . .
Monday, December 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment